Youtube is more than just a platform to watch cat videos till 3am. It's become an important tool for social media marketing and marketing in general, with over 1.9 billion monthly users on the service it can't be overlooked.
If you've got some doubts if Youtube Advertising could be work for you as part of your social media marketing strategy, read on for our top 2019 statistics about Youtube engagement, advertising and users.
Youtube Users Statistics:
- 1.9 billion active monthly users
- Youtube is the world's second largest search engine - only Google is used more
- On average there is 1 billion mobile video views per day
- Youtube is the second most trafficked website behind Google worldwide
Youtube Engagement Statistics:
- 70% of millennial Youtube users watched a how-to video to learn something new within the last year
- "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee is the most-watched video n Youtube in history with 5.96 billion views
- In an average month, eight out of ten 18-49 year olds admit to watching Youtube
- Youtube users watch more than 180 million hours of content on TV screens every day
- More than 70% of Youtube watch time is generated from mobile devices
Youtube Advertising Statistics:
- 60% of Youtube users watched a video to help them make a purchase decision
- 23 times more viewers who watch True/View ads to completion or at least 30 seconds of them are 23 times more likely to subscribe to a brand channel
- Viewers who are exposed to TrueView ads but don't watch to completion are ten times more likely to take an action
Youtube is not the first social media platform that comes to mind when talking about social media advertising, however the engagement and advertising statistics outlined in the infographic above highlight its importance. It's just a matter of understanding if this is where you can find your audience.
If you're interested to learn more about digital marketing visit our one-stop guide to Digital Marketing here or click the chat in the bottom right corner to talk with us direct.
Check out our Youtube statistics infographic below: