Social media marketing has become the cornerstone of every businesses marketing strategy so no social network should go overlooked. Although using every social media network is not the best approach, you should at least consider all your options and see which is right for you.
When considering all of the social media platforms, Twitter marketing can be quite complex, given its short life span and the limited characters at your disposal it can be more difficult to master. When planning your Twitter advertising strategy it's important to be well equipped with the right statistics and knowledge to ensure you're plan has every shot at success. The important statistics to understand are:
- How many users are on the platform and how often do they use it?
- How engaged are users on Twitter?
- What's the effectiveness of Twitter Advertising?
That's exactly what we've aimed to answer with our Twitter statistics infographic for 2019 below.
Twitter Users Statistics:
- 326 million monthly active users
- 500 million Tweets are sent daily... that's 5,787 per second!
- 1.3 billion total accounts have been created
- 46% of Twitter users are on the platform every single day!
- The first ever Tweet was shared on the 22nd of March 2006. Check it out below!
Twitter Engagement Statistics:
- The most frequently used emoji on Twitter is the crying laughing emoji - 😂. It's been used 2.3billion times since 2013.
- Twitter's time per visit global average is just over 9 minutes
- Tweets with images get 150% more retweets
- Tweets that include hashtags can result in as much as a 1,065% increase engagement compared to a similar tweet without hashtags
Twitter Advertising Statistics:
- As of Q3 2018, engagement with paid Twitter Ads has increased 50% year-on-year
- For advertisers, the cost per engagement decreased 14% over the same time period
- Twitter ads are up to 11% better at mentally engaging audiences during live events
With social media becoming the essential element that pulls your entire digital marketing strategy together, it's important to understand all the tools you have at your disposal. Due to the effectiveness of the big players in social media such as Facebook and Instagram, it's easy to overlook Twitter as a real option. Although it won't work for every industry, product or brand, if you understand some of the key stats we've outlined in the infographic above and you understand your target audience, you are well on your way to planning an effective social media strategy.
Check out our Twitter facts and statistics infographic below: