Much like Facebook, Instagram has become instilled into our daily routine, whether it's a scroll just before bed, a scroll to avoid an awkward conversation or an outlet to share your inspirational quotes or adventures. It's hard to deny the impact the social media platform has had on the way people live in 2019.
If you aren't already utilising the visual platform, you could be missing major opportunities to connect with your audience and convert then. If you're wondering if Instagram marketing is for you, check out our infographic below and read on for our top statistics all digital marketers should know in 2019.
Instagram Users statistics:
- 1 Billion active monthly users
- 500 Million active daily users
- 59% of Instagram users are aged between 18-29 years old
- 33% of all Instagram users are aged between 30-49 years old
- 80% of accounts follow at least 1 business Instagram
Instagram Stories & Likes Statistics:
- 70% of Instagram users watch Stories daily - if you're not utilising Instagram Stories, you're missing a huge opportunity
- 4.2 billion Instagram likes are shared by users every single day
- 50 billion+ images and videos are have been uploaded to Instagram to date
Instagram Engagement Statistics:
- Posts with videos receive 38% more engagement than images
- Posts with locations receive 79% more engagement
- Posting an image with a face receives 38% more likes
- Using at least one hashtag on your posts results in 12.6% more engagement
Instagram Advertising Statistics:
- One-third of the most viewed stories are from businesses
- 60% of people say they discover new products on Instagram
- Engagement with brands on Instagram are:
- 10 times higher than Facebook
- 54 times higher than Pinterest
- 84 times higher than Twitter
It's easy to see how effective Instagram marketing can be for businesses of all sizes. You no longer need to be a multi-million dollar corporation to make noise with your advertising. Instagram is a cost-effective way to reach literal hundreds of millions of people, to engage with your audience and ideally convert them for your business.
While planning your next Instagram marketing strategy ensure to take into account the above statistics to get the most out of your social media plan. If you like what you see with our Instagram statistics infographic above, feel free to download it, share it or print it out. You don't necessarily need to have it visible at all times of the day but if Instagram marketing is something you're interested in learning a little more about we recommend keeping these statistics on hand.
To learn more about social media marketing or Instagram advertising, check out our Guide To Social Media Marketing here or check out our Instagram statistics infographic below: