You'd be hard pressed to find someone under 50 years old without Facebook in 2019. It's become a staple in connecting with friends and family, in procrastinating, in sharing our lives and a major part of our everyday routine.
It's important for anyone practicing digital marketing to understand why Facebook advertising is important and what impact the platform has on your campaigns, that's why we've collated some of the top Facebook statistics of 2019 and put them together in a handy infographic.
Facebook Users Statistics:
- 2.38 billion active monthly users
- 1.56 billion people log into Facebook daily - yep, daily... that's one-fifth of the worlds population every day.
- Facebook has 8% year-on-year growth
- 29.7% of Facebook users are aged between 25-34 years old
- 88% of all Facebook users access via the mobile device
Facebook Engagement Statistics:
- Over 4 million likes are shared every minute
- The average time spent per Facebook visit is 20mins per user
- Posts using videos result in a 600% increase in engagement than those without video
- User-Generated Content generates 6.9 times the engagement of brand-generated content
Facebook Advertising Statistics:
- 44% of consumers admit their shopping habits influenced by what they see on Facebook
- $1.72 is the average cost-per-click (CPC) for Facebook advertising
- 26% of users who click an ad on Facebook follow through with a purchase
It's hard to deny how influential and important a Facebook presence has become for a businesses content marketing strategy online. It's no longer a nice to have but an essential part of every business's marketing.
Facebook is a juggernaught not only in our personal lives but across digitial marketing that isn't going anywhere soon. Feel free to save our infographic, use it on your website, in your university assignments or print a copy for your wall at home. To learn more about social media marketing check out our Guide to Social Media Marketing or learn more in our one-stop Guide for Digital Marketing.
Check out our Essential Facebook Statistics To Use in 2019 below: